About Europe - Horizon Europe
THE NEXT EU RESEARCH & INNOVATION INVESTMENT PROGRAMME (2021 – 2027)
A sustainable, fair and prosperous future for people and planet based on European values.
- Tackling climate change (35 % budgetary target)
- Helping to achieve Sustainable Development Goals
- Boosting the Union's competitiveness and growth
Horizon Europe defines mission characteristics and elements of governance, and 5 missions areas. Specific missions will be programmed within the Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness pillar (drawing on inputs from other pillars)
- Adaptation to climate change, including societal transformation
- Healthy oceans, seas, coastal and inland waters
- Climate-neutral and smart cities
- Soil health and food
Horizon Europe proposes extended openness to association
- Third countries with good capacity in science, technology and innovation
- Taking into account objective of driving economic growth in Europe through innovation
A budget explanation will be added soon.