The Research Council of Norway to hold a webinar on "Opportunities for cooperation with Korea and Japan in Horizon Europe" on Wednesday 11 Jan 2023.
EU-and international advisers, project leaders, researchers and businesses
About the event
The EU's international strategy for research and innovation "Global Approach" was launched in May 2021. Horizon Europe is a key program for implementing the EU's ambition to take a leading global role in research and innovation through cooperation with international partners outside Europe. Norway has as an ambition to increase cooperation with countries outside Europe through it's Panorama Strategy and through the participation in Horizon Europe.
In this webinar we shine a spotlight on the EU's cooperation with Korea and Japan: What are the European Commission's plans and ambitions? How are the countries approaching Horizon? We will also take a closer look at opportunities for Norwegian researchers to collaborate with Japan and Korea in Horizon Europe.
South Korea is prioritized country for cooperation for both the EU and for Norway. Korea is one of the countries in the world that invests the largest proportion of GDP in research and innovation and is considered by several international rankings to be one of the world's most innovative countries. Korea is important trade partners for Norway in Asia and offers market opportunities in renewable energy/hydrogen, the maritime and marine sector, health and health technology and smart societies.
The webinar will be held in English.
Part 1: EU Policy
- Cooperation beyond Europe in Horizon Europe - Introductory remarks Julie Christiansen, RCN
- State of play for EU R&I Cooperation with Korea and Japan: EU and Republic of Korea, Victor GRAM-ERICHSEN, policy officer, Global Approach & International Cooperation in R&I, DG Research & Innovation, European Commission
- EU and Japan, Delegation of the European Union to Japan (tbc).
Part 2: National support schemes for Horizon Europe
- Support for Japan’s participation in Horizon Europe, Mr. Naomichi Yamada, National Contact Point (NCP) for Horizon Europe in Japan (15 min including questions)
- How is the Korean Government supporting participation in Horizon Europe? WooHyun Cho, Director General of Korea-EU Research Centre (15 min including questions)
- Opportunities for Korean and Norwegian companies in Eureka/EuroStars , Jason Kang, NCP and director of KIAT Europe Office (15 min including questions)
Part 3: Upcoming calls and who can assist Norwegian applicants
- Calls in the Horizon Europe 2023-24 work programme relevant for cooperation with Korea and Japan, including COST and Erasmus+, Horizon NCP at RCN - TBC
- Who can help? Introducing 'Knowledge Team Norway' in Oslo, Tokyo and Seoul, Aleksandra W. Haugstad, RCN
Q/A session (will not be recorded)
*For more information click the link below