Annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) – 14-17 February 2019, Washington DC, USA
The AAAS annual meeting is among the world’s largest and most prestigious general scientific events, gathering thousands of international scientists, policy makers and science journalists. The programme typically includes keynote speeches, scientific symposia, an exhibition, and press briefings on recent scientific discoveries.
This year’s event focuses on “Science without boundaries”, and the European Commission is organising a number of scientific symposia and a career development workshop.
Director-General Jean-Enric Paquet will participate on a high-level panel discussion on ‘ Responding Faster and Smarter to New Problems’.
The Commission will also have a booth at the exhibition where conference participants will:
- Find out about career and funding opportunities in the EU.
- Exchange views with experts on ‘Carbon Dioxide utilisation technologies’.
- Participate at the Flash Talk about ‘Partnerships and the Open Knowledge Africa platform’.
- Enjoy a Virtual Reality experience and Step into our EU labs, explore our data or visit our museum exhibition
- Play the Copernicus climate game to win a prize.
Sessions organised by the European Commission:
- Research Funding: Exploring Programs in the European Union
- Agricultural Innovation and Uptake: Using a Multi-actor Approach
- Epigenetics in Infection, Diets, and Environment: Responsible Research and Innovation
- Beyond or Despite Political Borders: Science Diplomacy and the Construction of Europe
- How new technology affects society
- Clutching at Straws: Science Advice, Uncertainty, and Global Microplastic Pollution
- Climate Impacts Analysis: Integrating Scientific Disciplines
- The Carbon Cycle: Conditions and Opportunities for Capture and Utilization
- Responding Faster and Smarter to New Problems